Dutchman Flaking System

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Carlton

A while back there was a post asking if the nylon (I guess) line used for weed whackers/eaters can be used to replace broken line on the Dutchman System. I searched the archives but nothing came up. Has anybody tried this? Thanks.

J

Jane

Dutchman Guidelines

I just last weekend replaced the nylon guidelines on my Dutchman. I called Dutchman( 203-838-0375) and ordered the line from them($10 plus shipping). I did ask them about substitutes though. The drawback with the weed eater line is that it is not UV shielded and may last only one season. The other option is 400 lb. test UV shielded fishing line. Hard to find unless you're by the ocean. Jane

R

R. Palaia

Tell Dutchman you've read the instruction manual

and they will send you free filament lines. If you go to see their booth at a boat show, tell them you've read the manual and you can get the filament there. Check out the manual and towards the end it says to contact them about a prize.

B

Bob McDowell

Weed Wacker Line

I have used WW line for three seasons now and it works fine, I replace mine every spring as part of the system checkup. If the continuous line that the Dutchman uses were to break while the sail was down the boom will come crashing into the cockpit (unless you have a rigid vang). This is a good reason to throughly inspect the topping lift and continuous line. Bob

S

Stevec

Weed Wacker has been on now for 4 seasons

and no problems (probably just put the kiss of death on them). Will replace them this season as PM measure with the same stuff....

Status
Not open for further replies.