Drydock

Jan 22, 2008
Oday Mariner Quadra Island BC
Well my boat is home in drydock and so am I after my second knee replacemnet. Looking forward to being able to start work on getting my boat ready for the 2010 season. Let's all hope for fair winds and sunshine!

bubba

Apr 16, 2009
Macgregor M with the super cruser package Richland
Were on the hard after 6 days and nights out sailing in January. The water temp was 29.9 deg F and we had to dry out all that condensation. I also reorganized things in the lockers and moved the TV / VCR to a new location to the aft from the dealers instillation where it took up too mutch setting room. During the winter we added 50 pounds of lead in the dagger board that goes down to 5 ft below the boat when sailing and added a 6 to 1 to hall it up. It stiffened up our boat just right and keeps us from reefing one reef early a biggie for our MacGregor 26M.

druid

Apr 22, 2009
Ontario 32 Pender Harbour
You're gonna have the fastest Mac26 on the west coast soon, Bubba! :)

I'm waiting for my new sail, and to be honest a bit concerned about trying to sail during the Olympics - too many hired gun-happy security forces buzzing around the harbour.:eek:

But the boat is dry and staying put even with the high winds and rain we've been getting.

druid

bubba

Apr 16, 2009
Macgregor M with the super cruser package Richland
No the fastest MacGregor M26 in the world is the Black Pearl mooring in Tacoma. It is a black jellcoat hull with no need for water ballast because of the dagger board having 350 lbs lead shaped like torpedo at the bottom 5 ft down , it carries oversized black kevlar main and jib sails and has a 500 sq ft a-spinnaker. It also has a 90 hp 4 stroke and can go 24 mph top end. The Black Pearl is a one of a kind that Blue Water Yachts in Seattle built for show.
Right now our boat is on the trailer and last night I was working on it untill 2:00 am doing little modfications that we thought up last summer. This week I am moving the TV/VCR to a different location in the aft and adding a little mutch needed galley storage. I also am trying to fix a condensation problem, the water in the Columbia river is around freezing right now and causes lots of condensation under the master bed mattress.
We hope to soon get our Canpass so crossing the border will be just a phone call and go (I hope). We hope to do a trip or 2 north this year and maybe meet some of you in British Columbia.