Drone photo of our marina and lake

Oct 3, 2014
Marlow-Hunter MH37 Lake City, MN
Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
I marvel that they can do that , at the same time I worry about "Big Brother"

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 340 Forked River, NJ
Wow, that sure brings back memories. I visited with my grandparents in Rochester in the 1940's and they and the family always spent the summer in the cabins out on the point. My grandad had a "speed boat" in that marina and I used to rent an aluminum rowboat and row and troll for fish up and down the point. Things sure have chaged. Thanks for the post.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Is that from thaw to total evaporation?
Nah. That’s spread out between bouts of lousy weather and the smoke from BC. Moorings are in within days of ice go-g-bye and we’ll push it as long as we can. :)

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I find sailing/cruising in smoke less fun then fog. At least with fog I know when the sun comes out there is a chance that it will clear.
With smoke it is UCK... until a storm blows in.

Apr 3, 2020
Pearson 36-2 Lake City
@plenny7 how is the sailing on Lake Pepin? Judging by the number of masts in your harbor I'm thinking it must be pretty good! Also are you in the water yet?
Kinda related - I just got an email and this was the 3rd story: 100 Mile Garage Sale spans two states along Mississippi River - The Wisconsin 100
To answer your question, it's the best sailing in Minnesota. There is plenty of room to sail and cruise for days. There are three towns to visit. Plenty of anchorages and lots of beautiful scenery and wildlife. Generally speaking, the season goes from mid May through the last week of October. If you are interested in sailing here sometime, look me up at Lake City Sailing. I love showing off our lake!

Jul 26, 2020
Hunter 27 Pepin, Wi
As the new owner of a Hunter 27 homed in Pepin Marina, where does one find good information on safe anchorages and such on Pepin? I think we’ll stick to day sails this season and go back to port for the night, but It’d be fun to explore farther and stay out with good weather.