Dripless Shaft Seal

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dragonfly

Sailors, I have a B331 with a Vovo-Penta dripless shaft seal. The manual says to grease it every 200 hours or once a year with a water proof grease. Will Lewmar winch grease work? How about lithium axil grease for marine trailors? Other suggestions? http://home.att.net/~dragonflyb331/ Mark

R

Randall

Shaft Seal

I used a high quality synthetic axle grease with excellent results. Seal was leaking a good bit before I used it, but doesn't leak a bit now. Just pinch the seal and force some grease under the seal. Only takes a minute.

D

Dragonfly

Thanks Randall

I see you sail out of Stockton. I'm up at Mark Twain Lake. I bought Dragonfly from Ron a couple of years ago. Are you sailing on Stockton yet? We hope to put the sails back on in a couple of weeks. Mark stillwellm@att.net

R

Randall

Stockton

Yeah, I hope to get started soon too. Shouldn't be long now! I bought a used 2002 Beneteau 361 last spring. Name is "Watermark". Spend just about every weekend at the lake during season, and sometimes in the winter when a warm front passes through. We've had a couple of 60 degree weekends the past month or so. Live in KC. Drop by if you're ever in the area. We're on F dock.

Status
Not open for further replies.