Doing bottom work on a trailer

Dec 23, 2021
Hunter 260 Thornbury
Hello all , we just purchased a 1999 H 260 , the previous owner has taken excellent care and attention to detail of her . We won’t be dragging her home from Toronto till March I’m thinking . Have many questions but let’s start small and I’m sure someone will advise that I post in a different arm of the forum but let’s start . Does anyone have specs on a cradle for a H 260 as ya cant do all necessary bottom work / keel on existing trailer , or has someone brainstormed a method of doing work on trailer ? Also want to get a 12 v cooler and looking for advice in that department. We just sold our Bayfield 32C as became a bit much for single handed sailing went to a cabin cruiser for 2020 but no way ….

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
On the cradle, follow the design of the bunk boards on your trailer making sure you have four supports each side with enough height for the centerboard to come down.
You are at the right place to ask questions. Welcome to this site

Dec 23, 2021
Hunter 260 Thornbury
Thanks Dave , the previous owner had a cradle that he wouldn’t part with and he had six pads per side and he also had an additional portable pad stand that he could introduce to complete bottom work under fixed pads , as for the 12 volt cooler we do have dock power and would only be away from there for a day or maybe two .

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
If it were me, I'd go with a 120v mini fridge and inverter. The one I have only draws 1 amp. At 90% efficiency that would pull about 11A on the 12v side when running. Also, inverter efficiency depends on load

"High quality sine wave inverters are rated at 90-95% efficiency. Lower quality modified sine wave inverters are less efficient - 75-85%. High frequency inverters are usually more efficient than low-frequency."
6.5. Efficiency of Inverters | EME 812: Utility Solar Power and Concentration

Dec 23, 2021
Hunter 260 Thornbury
If it were me, I'd go with a 120v mini fridge and inverter. The one I have only draws 1 amp. At 90% efficiency that would pull about 11A on the 12v side when running. Also, inverter efficiency depends on load

"High quality sine wave inverters are rated at 90-95% efficiency. Lower quality modified sine wave inverters are less efficient - 75-85%. High frequency inverters are usually more efficient than low-frequency."
6.5. Efficiency of Inverters | EME 812: Utility Solar Power and Concentration
We do have what they call a pure sine wave inverter that we use here on the farm when needed , my first question is do we own the same vessel being a Hunter 260 if so great and then where did u find a mini fridge that fits nicely into to designed cooler compartment on the 260 ?