Doghouse Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2009
Catalina 310 Sydney-Pittwater
In response to a recent query I meant to show attached picture with just a little hook that keeps the wire off the engine/alternator belt and does not endanger the coolant reservoir, should one forget to take the wire off the hook when opening the cover.

Attachments

Sep 29, 2009
2005 catalina 310 gig harbor, Wa
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of attaching a shock cord with a saddle coupling to keep the cable tight to the bulkhead on the wire. I will take a pic. But your solution works good. I have a partner who is prone to closing the lid without doing anything with the wire so it just sits on the top of the engine. I think he would forget to loop it over a hook so something idiot proof is in order.

Dave

Jul 1, 2009
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of attaching a shock cord with a saddle coupling to keep the cable tight to the bulkhead on the wire. I will take a pic. But your solution works good. I have a partner who is prone to closing the lid without doing anything with the wire so it just sits on the top of the engine. I think he would forget to loop it over a hook so something idiot proof is in order.

Dave
Shock cord sounds a good idea. Might add it to my 'hook system', just in case of any 'senior moments'. Look forward to your pic.
Heinz

Jul 1, 2009
Thanks, truckman, shall try it out, once I have finished my other projects

Status
Not open for further replies.