Does Yamaha still sell parts for older sailboats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

knappebr

I am trying to find parts for my 1981 Yamaha 30 which was damaged in a storm. I found the email regarding parts support from Yamaha on the yamahasailboats.org site and I emailed Takayanagi but have not received a response. I am wondering if anyone has recently purchased parts from Yamaha and if so what is the best way to contact them?

B

Bob

Parts

It's been aabout a year since I got parts from the factory. How long have you waited for a reply from Yamaha? My Japan contact is still over there, so I might be able to be of some help. Incidentally, what parts are you looking for?

K

knappebr

Email to Yamaha

Bob, I sent an email to takayanagisad@yamaha-motor.co.jp about a week ago and I have not heard anything back. I would like to know about parts availability ASAP because I have to decide whether or not to buy the boat back from the insurance company very soon (like, today). Have you contacted Yamaha by email in the past; do you have a different email address than the one I list above? Thanks for your help. Bruce

B

Bruce

In response to an enquiry of my own, I received the following from Mr Takayanagi on 21 Sep. Thank you very much for choosing Yamaha Product for your pleasure life. I am glad to hear that more than 20 years old our sailboat is still running in the good condition. I am now on the biz trip outside Japan, so please give me some time to check the availability of the parts your are seeking at this moment. I will be back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for your kind patient. _______________________ Sadao Takayanagi Int'l Coop., OMDO Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. Tel: +81-53-594-8021 E-mail: takayanagisad@yamaha-motor.co.jp Web site: http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/omdo/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.