Docking My 310

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed6925

May 21, 2004
Catalina 310 Dallas, TX
I am considering purchasing a waterfront home with a fixed-dock on a large lake. The dock is heavy duty, but is configured for mid-sized powerboat lifts only. I am concerned about leaving the boat tied to the dock and exposed to lake surge during high winds/frontal passages - particularly when traveling. I don't mind modifying the dock, but am at a loss as to what to do - a hydrohoist does not seem to be the answer, as the floats would still be exposed and I have seen keelboats get damaged during storms on these even in the marina. A big part of my purschase decision is to have direct access to my "baby". Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Ed

May 25, 2004
Oday 25 Tampa Bay
ed

To be honest I don't have a clear understanding of how your dock its set-up. When I made a slip for my sailboat I called a few local dock places {yellowpages} and had the common [telephone] poles installed for $250 each. I can tie off from the dock and not worry {much} about storms. Make sure you get permits and know what the set-back laws are from your neighbors property line. Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.