Diesel on Hunter won’t start

Feb 19, 2018
Hunter 45CC Etobicoke Yacht Club
I already have my answer, but I’m posting because we spent 2 days researching and this wasn’t mentioned anywhere…there is an override button on the panel that can get toggled while cleaning :(

E01996D9-9438-4503-AB99-B1F2EF391958.jpeg

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
Many have fallen victim to the cutoff-switch - myself included.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Maybe it only interrupts the power to the start solenoid so a jumper from hot to solenoid would crank the engine ..

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
I already have my answer, but I’m posting because we spent 2 days researching and this wasn’t mentioned anywhere…there is an override button on the panel that can get toggled while cleaning :(

View attachment 217242
The Normal-Override switch you picture is for the automatic fire system. The switch should be in the NORMAL position. If the fire system discharges, the system is supposed to shutdown the engine. Then switching to OVERRIDE will let you restart the engine. If this switch must be in the OVERRIDE position in orde for the engine to run, then you have either a discharged fire cylinder, a bad connection, or the system is just wired incorrectly.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Good info, Rich. So you'd have to also jumper the fuel shutdown solenoid to get it to run with the starter solenoid jumpered to crank.. Interesting.

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
Good info, Rich. So you'd have to also jumper the fuel shutdown solenoid to get it to run with the starter solenoid jumpered to crank.. Interesting.
Actually, when the switch is in OVERRIDE, it enables the engine to run normally. So everything should work as normal. There should not be any need to jump anything.
I have a FireBoy system with a very similar panel. If either of my halon cylinders is discharged, the system shuts down my aux and my genset. For my aux the system closes a relay to kill the injection pump, and in the other case a different relay opens to shut off the fuel pump on the genset.
Putting the panel switch in OVERRIDE reverses both relay actions so that both the aux and the genset can now be restarted.