Descing a Raw Water Cooled Yanmar GM

Jan 4, 2007
Hunter 30 Centerport
Behave a 30+ year old Yanmar raw water cooled 2 GM that appears to be running a lite got. I want to try to DESCAlLE it this spring before I get splashed for the season.

Has anyone done this? Any advice would be appreciated.

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
Google Boiler descaler. I did this to my 1gm when I had an overheating problem. Turned out to be a blown head gasket so I don't know if descaling had any effect. The product I bought was advertised as used by the Navy to clean out boilers. Sorry I don't remember the name. Also I have seen DESALTING products in many marine stores for powerboaters.

Jan 4, 2007
Hunter 30 Centerport
Forgive my and typing combined with auto spell check and a small iPhone screen.

I'm in the process of pulling the head as well for a check and possible. rework In he process I noted a bad thermostat and significant scale. Thought I'd de scale as well as a top end job while was at it. The products for des along are easy to find but I'm hoping for flaw hints on how to do it the right way. Be

Jan 4, 2007
Hunter 30 Centerport
Well....pulled the head of the 2 GM on MLK day before the bad NY weather rolled in. Valves an cylinders look on A-1 condition for. A 30+ year old engine. Very little carbon buildup, no visible crazing or scoring. Did notice that several of the coins channels were clogged. Cleaned them out easily with dental picks, wire, small brush. and vacuum.

Does anyone know if you need head gasket sealer the shop manual says use 3 bond 50 or something. Is the is same as Permatex ?