Depth Sounder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2009
Hunter 33 Seabrooke, Houston
I got through e-bay a good looking, in good working order, a Marine 480/580/360 Depth Sounder

Problem is the Owner's operation manual was wet when I got it, and all pages are working together
Cannot locate the company who made it: Aqua Marine Manufacturing.
Anyone out there heard of them?
Would love to install in my boat!
Thanks

P.S. Good looking hand rails, Ed Schenck!

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
Google to the rescue
phone number, Going european are we?
http://www.boatingyellowpages.co.uk/dispcomp.asp?CompanyID=1066&src=atoz&intl=a

There is probably a reason that you can't find much on the web.

If you have a picture of the head and wire loom perhaps we could advise. I assume you can figure out how to mount the thing in the hull and are having issues with the wire hookup to the display head.

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 376 Warsash, England --
Two Companies?

Seems unlikely that Aqua Marine in the UK actually manufactured this unit as they were known as a general factor of other people's equipment. They do not appear to have an independent web site.
There is/was? a company with a similar name operating in Canada so you might want to try this as well. See http://www.profilecanada.com/compan...54934_Aqua_Manufacturing_Marine_Port_Elgin_ON

I got the information below on the UK company from the web and it is in the same county I live in:-
The two Bainbridge International companies will come together on January 1, 2011
Bainbridge Marine, the marine hardware division of Bainbridge International, is to merge with Aqua-Marine on January 1, 2011.

A company statement reads: “Since the acquisition of the assets and goodwill of Aquamarine Manufacturing Ltd in 2004 by Bainbridge International, and the subsequent formation of Aqua-Marine International Ltd, Bainbridge International has used the trading name Bainbridge Marine to promote and sell the products of both companies. This has allowed seamless operation with regard customer supply and logistics but administration was still carried out as two companies.
“So that further improvements can be gained with regard to the quality and efficiencies of Bainbridge’s administrative operation they have taken the decision to merge Aqua-Marine International Ltd with Bainbridge International Ltd.”

According to Bainbridge, the merger will help simplify transactions for both customers and suppliers, and reduce the level of account administration, resulting in reduced operating costs.

Bainbridge Marine is a leading UK distributor of top international brands including Quick, RWO, Perko, Hubbell, Teleflex Marine, Marlow Ropes, Hella, Shurflo, MG Duff and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.