Delivery to the Caribbean

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob O'Brien

We are considering having our Hunter 37.5 delivered by a professional delivery captain to the Caribbean (USVI) from New England next Fall, during the short window between Hurricaine season and the winter gales. What can I expect in terms of cost? What are the typical arrangements with a delivery captain? Also, if you have any recommendations or references on a delivery captain that would be helpful.

C

Chris McLoughlin

Carib Delivery . . .

I have 2 captains I can reccomend, both based in CT. Captain Rick Hagen, Extensive delivery experience including the carribean. He can be reached at www.captainforhire.com The other is Capt Ken Johnson of Johnson marines Services. I don't have Ken's number handy, but both he and Rick are based in Mystic CT. Chris McLoughlin s/v Tidesong

D

Dean Bachelor

compare costs?

Hey Bob, I'm not sure how much a captain costs but I checked into having my C30 hauled from northern Mich. to Daytona and it was only $3600.00(just for trailering). You may check into having it hauled to souther florida, and it may save some wear and tear on the boat, and it would be a good time to do a bunch of repairs while it is on the hard. Sounds like a great time down there though, I have chartered twice out of St.Thomas, it was great! Enjoy, Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.