Deep draft vs Shaol draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ric

I am considering buying a deep draft Hunter Legend in the Tampa bay area. I have only sailed smaller boats there and this boat has a 6'6" draft. I will be sailing open ocean with the boat but getting to and from port and day sailing in the bay is what I worry about.Any comments or suggestions from anyone of either deep draft or shoal draft persuasion would be greatly apperciated.

P

Pete

deep water

if you have the water the deep draft keel will give a slight edge in sailing but no other major difference in the boats ability. You need to decide if the draft will limit your use and what your want out of the boat. Resale might be a little better with the shoal keel but not a major concern if, you like the boat and if fits your planed use either would be good. If I knew that shallow water would never be an issue I would go deep! Good Luck!

P

Peter Albright

Where will you keep it?

If you pick a marina on St. Pete, you may be ok with the deep draft. If you want to be near the east coast of Tampa Bay, go shoal. Take a good look at the charts for this area. Pete Albright s/v Nancy Ross '77 H30

Status
Not open for further replies.