Deck leaks

Aug 18, 2018
Sabre 28 South Portland
Sabre 28. Mine leaks from somewhere on the deck and the only thing I can get to are the stanchions. Stupid molded in headliner. I bought some flex seal (as seen on TV!) clear spray and went around every deck fitting. One coat so far and it seems to have created a hard plastic-like barrier. I’m super optimistic. Am I kidding myself? Hasn’t rained yet so who knows. Anyone else try this? I know, I know but how else do Sabre 28 owners deal with deck leaks? Without cutting holes in the headliner which I’m not going to do.

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
Seal the companionway with a sheet of plastic. Make a hole in the plastic to insert a leaf blower. With the leaf blower running, have a friend apply a soapy water mixture to various locations topside. If you see bubbles around stanchion bases, etc., you've found a leak.

• Helpful
Aug 18, 2018
Sabre 28 South Portland
Thanks. I’ve heard that. The issue is, once the leak is found how do I fix it? I can’t re bed the hardware because I can’t get to it from underneath.

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
You'll need to find a way, but since I don't have a Sabre, I can't advise you as to how.

Aug 18, 2018
Sabre 28 South Portland
You'll need to find a way, but since I don't have a Sabre, I can't advise you as to how.
Thanks man. I’ll figure it out. I can’t see caulking around hand rails and stuff. You’d have to be Picasso with that shit or it will look like hell