deck discoloring

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

G.N. Davis

2001 26x is showing some yellowing on deck surfaces...particularly areas that are adjacent to non skid surfaces. Any recommendations re best practices , products to use etc. would be appreciated.

T

Timm Miler

Yellowing

yellowing could be cause by old release wax used in the mold.........no problem. Wax it down first witha really good cleaner........pick one. I perfer to use a wax called Collinite to use on my boat.......pure carnuba........some will say that it too will yellow over time.........old wives tale. I have also used Liquid Glass that does a great job......about two coats in the spring will do it for the season. It's easier to keep it in top shape that try to bring it back after it gets away from you.

J

Jerry

clean the deck

wife and I use clorox clean-up. It's better than regular clorox to bring the white back. For bottom hull, use "Star Bright" hull cleanner.

E

Earl Keim

Deck waxing? Is this safe?

I have a 82 Mac 25,and a problem with deck wear ,have been told that painting is the only solution. Had mused using a color back wax as a temporary solution. Everybody told me this approach was tantamont to madness. Possibly I am missing a remedy. Waxing the decks? doesn't this create a very dangerous, slippery condition? Any input would be appreciated, thanks. ESK II

J

Jerry

Deck Wax

Don't use just any wax. Use one made for boat decks. It helps to keep fiberglass conditioned. It's not so slippery. I get a spray on deck wax from the boat section of Wall Mart.

Status
Not open for further replies.