Dead mast

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Seth Horwitt

I recently noticed that the electrical systems on my 1976 Cat 27 were becoming more and more ureliable. Finally the spreder light went out so I pulled the panel to find a bunch of corroded connectors. I've gotten everthing to work again but the spreader and anchor lights. For the life of me I can't figure out what is wrong. The wiring that I encountered was not factory original. From what i can tell, the yellow wire in the main trunk powers the spreader light. There is a light green wire which I think is the spreader ground wire but I'm not sure. Does anyone out there know how the spreader or anchor lights are grounded? Do you have any suggestions what to do if I can't salvage the original wiring and am force to replace it. Thanks for your help, Seth sethandeileen@home.com

R

Richard Randall

lights

Suggest you go up the mast and pull off the lens to the light(s). When I did that recently on my '79 C27, I found the light socket completely corroded. I installed a new light fixture and was back in business.

D

Dave

Seth: Not sure if you still have a C27 Owners Manual....They do have the standard wiring diagram and wire color chart in it....DAVE

Status
Not open for further replies.