Davits for Marlow Hunter 31

May 6, 2020
Marlow Hunter MH31 Cardiff Penarth Marina
Has anyone installed davits on their Marlow Hunter 31? I have some challenges with locating points any advice greatly appreciated. I have a life raft fitted to port stern side as the locker is bolted closed because we installed an EFOY system in the port stern locker. Picture attached thanks Gaz
A3638FCC-F2C9-413F-B363-7325F74263C0.jpeg

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Wow, first bilge-keel Hunter I have seen at low tide!!. Nice bottom paint!! By the way my wife and I got back 2 years ago from living in Tenby, Wales overlooking Caldey Island for 3 years. Back to your question, no but I would start with dinghy davit manufacturers as they have extensive list of Hunter sailboats their davits have been installed on and can offer technical advice on mounting the davits to avoid your life raft fitted to port stern side. I assume you can access to the port aft locker to install the backing plate. As you can see in the photo below, the Ocean Marine's dinghy davit is attached to the outside edge of the transom and rail. You can also attach it to the arch to provide additional lateral support as I did.

Manufacturers include: Garhauer, Kato, Forespar Nova, Edson Marine, Mar-Tek, Ocean Marine, St. Croix, Sailboatowner, Batsystem and Atlantic Towers to name a few. Look for a 316 stainless steel(or sch 80 aluminum from Atlantic Towers) and a manufacturer that has supplied one to a Hunter 31 bilge-keel.

1590445145617.png

May 6, 2020
Marlow Hunter MH31 Cardiff Penarth Marina
Thanks for the advice greatly appreciated. There seems to be quite a lot of additional strengthening on the seat rails required. We sailed down to the Isles of Scilly and lived in Green Bay for 4 weeks drying out every tide. But taking dingy on and off every day was a chore I want to improve on, having a twin bilge keep in the UK opens up so much more opportunities. I will look inot your advice and contact the manufacturers. Gaz

Attachments

Last edited: