Cup holder cockpit table

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Hard to tell from the picture - is the problem more the diameter of the cup holders or the height? If the diameter, maybe just use foam jackets on the drinks to help them fit better. If the problem is the height I wonder if it would be possible to fit some sort of fiddles, attached to the table but sticking up a couple inches. If something either stainless or teak could be fitted it might keep the drinks from tipping over. You would need a way to attach the fiddles to the table though.

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
On our Oceanis 34, there are only a couple of things that fit properly in the built in cup holders. We have a set of small plastic glasses, which came with the boat, which fit perfectly. You might try the Beneteau website and browse through galley products. Or, think back, to see if you can recall instinctively rejecting them (and where you put them), if you received a set with your boat.

Small Euro sized cans, like Stella Artois (11.2 oz, 330 ml) fit perfectly.

Our table is a different configuration than yours. Ours folds down, all in one piece. For the water bottle that we like have handy all day when cruising, we added a velcro attached cupholder to the underside of the table. It's easily accessible, below our chartplotter pod, while underway. But is not really visable, if you don't know where it is, when the table is in either of its two positions.

CupHolder.png

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
What you’ve got there, Steve, is a table without fiddles - no cup holders, and safe to put plates on only at anchor or dock. Cupholders are usually attached to the helm pedestal.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Help please, We have a 2015 38 Oceanis, On the Beneteau 38 the Cockpit table drink holders are terrible, they won’t hold any kind of cup or can and spill any time the boat heels at all. Any solutions?
What is under the wood insert in the middle of the table leaves? Are there cup holders molded into the white plastic near the ends of the table (near your hand)? Hard to see in your photo.

Greg

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
What you’ve got there, Steve, is a table without fiddles - no cup holders, and safe to put plates on only at anchor or dock. Cupholders are usually attached to the helm pedestal.
Just mentally delete my previous post...

What's below the cover? Nothing there to hold things in place?

Maybe the Ronstans still have a place. Or something bungied or velcroed (or otherwise hung) from the chrome bars? Before the Rostan cup holder, I attached a suction cup to a cutoff plastic pint glass and stuck it to the lower part of the seats in the cockpit. But, I though that was a little too cheap and nerdy for anyone else's new sailboat...

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
I like those Ronstan cup holders. I had 3 on my O'day 25. Two for cups and one for radio. Held up well.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I'd think you could make up something to attach to those short handles, to mount either over the table or off the ends of the table.

Dr. D

Nov 3, 2018
Beneteau Oceanis 35.1 Herrington Harbour North
SteveATx: Our 35.1 has the same table. The “cup holders” are useless. I place the handheld VHF in the aft one on its side. We have two plastic cup holders (like Tally Ho shows) on the hand holds in front of each wheel. I wouldn’t attach anything to the handles on either end of the table as those are secure grab handles.

Sep 25, 2019
Beneteau 38 Austin
Thank you every one! Yes we do have some rubberized tumblers that will fit, I am now going to build a custom drink holder to install over this space so we can accommodate multiple size cans and bottles, along with phone storage too. More soon. Bottom left picture is a sister boat with the same molded in fiberglass cup holders, these are too shallow and too wide to hold most anything, other than those rubberized tumblers

Attachments

B-to

Dec 17, 2018
Beneteau OC 41.1 Sag Harbor
I had the same issue and found these muggi holders to be great - don’t look the best but very stable and you can use two on the top of the table to hold 8 drinks.