Cq Cq Cq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2011
Columbia MKII Pensacola
Howdy. I apparently was not "joined" to the group even though I was "approved" a couple of months ago. Well...now I have "joined" so I can give you a little info on me. I got my General Class license a couple of years ago in Knoxville TN. I spent the last year on a sailboat in Pensacola FL and had PLANS to get SSB up and running on that boat. Didn't happen. Now, I'm Back in Knoxville. Mostly active on 2M locally but have done some 10M and 20M work before I went South. Now, I have to re-install antennas, and set up the ham shack all over again so I can get back on the air. (long story). My interest in joing this forum was to learn about the ins and outs of HAM Radio on a sailboat so I can "work the world" if/when my wife and I get to go cruising. I hope/plan to spend several months cruising the islands in the Caribbean but circumstances have forced me to put that plan on HOLD.
More later.
73's
John Sterling (Long John Silver) KJ4JRL Knoxville TN

Oct 6, 2009
Custom Bluehull Kennesaw, Ga.
Hey John, good to hear from you. When you get all set up lets make a QSL on 20 or 40. 73 KD4LZL Jerry

Mar 12, 2008
Jeanneau 49 DS San Pedro, CA
I'm right here! Was on the boat for the last four days, sitting in Newport Harbor. Made some good contacts on 40 meters.

Status
Not open for further replies.