Cost of a 1996? Mac s6 or 26x not sure which

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brad

How much should a 26 or 26x cost if its 1996 and in good condition no scratches or anything I can see it has wheel steering and I wasnt able to see the interior cushions but other than a cleaning the interior looked really nice. he is asking 20,000 at least thats what the dealer told me. Dealer is selling it on consignment, so who knows? I think 20 is way high personally so does NADA the showed anywhere from 10 - 13. So how much?? Thanks Brad

D

Doug Rodrigues

$20,000 !!??

Maybe the seller is hoping for somebody stupid out there to actually pay his advertised price. As P.T. Barnum would say, "There is a sucker born every minute."

B

Brad

I know , way too much!!

Thats what I said about the price, I called the owner today and left a message so we will see what he says. But I was wondering what everyone thinks is a good price to pay for it Brad

M

MArk

US or Canadian?

Are you talking $20K US or Canadian? If it's in excellent shape, loaded with every possible option, tandem trailer with brakes, every available sail, loads of electronics and includes a 50HP Honda, it may be worth it. Check BoatTraderOnline (related link) to search for what others are asking.

B

Brad

us funds

I think it has the tandam trailer but the galley didnt have a stove or ss sink or power water and the motor wasnt honda4stroke. the boat seemed to be in excellent shape but all the interior carpets and cushions etc. were remov ed for storage. what does anythink is a good price? Brad

M

MArk

Later Improvements

You need to look into a later model if you're going to pay that price. There were several improvements made in 1999 especially with the water ballast valves, getting rid of balsa core and better steering gear. See related link for a complete list of improvements.

B

Brad

not paying

I have no intention of paying that price anywhere near it. I am guessing that the seller(not the same as owner) is telling me this hoping i will take it. So I was wondering what a fair price would be. Thanks so for Brad

B

Brad

much better news

I just talked to the guy who actually owns the boat and he wants 14 out of it but its negotiable. Thats much more like it. Brad

M

MArk

Cheapest 26X

The cheapest price I can find on a 26X happens to be a 1996 model with a 40 HP Tohatsu for $15K. It's being sold by Scott Tingy. See listing on this website. You probably won't find a 26X for under 10K. You can find 26S, 26D or 26C but those are different animals (not being power sailors) than the 26X. Of course you can still buy a new 26X for $16K with trailer and basic sails but no motor and customize it yourself.

J

Jimmy

I paid $9500

I just bought a 99 mac26x with a Tohatsu 9.8, mast raising system, all lines run to cockpit,three anchors, sails and the works,(no electronics). The boat is excelent condition and the sails are brand new. We paid $9500. It did come with a trailor with surge breaks. Hope it helps. Jimmy

D

dan

Boats for Sale

Brad...... Go for the 26S or 26C for WELL under $10K. Unless you REALLY need a powerboat! The 50hp motor is worth $5K ALONE. Look on this site for a good referance. happy shopping........dan

J

Jeff G

Under 10K

I agree, a good 26S from the early '90s can be had for under 10K. I am looking at a 91 26S loaded (including A/C) and a 25hp Tohatsu. They are asking $8900 but no trailer. Deals are out there. Keep looking. BTW...Anyone know if any MAC trailers are available out there with surge brakes? How hard is it to find a trailer to fit the 26S?

Status
Not open for further replies.