Corpus Christie to the Bahamas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2007
Hunter 356 Corpus Christi
Hey guys....it's Dan from Corpus. Glad to see you found the site and it appears everyone is being helpful. Might suggest that you post under one of the other Hunter Owners forums as well such as "Big Boats" or "Ask All Sailors". There's a lot more traffic in those forums.

I've been following your blog and WOW what an adventure you're having. Gotta admit that regardless of your harrowing experiences I'm more than a little envious.

I hope your'e keeping a detailed journal. It will be priceless later in life. You guys be safe......I know the best times lie ahead!

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
where in the bahamas are you headed? Abaco? (great choice). bimini/nassau Exumas?

you'll want CURRENT explorer charts for the bahamas. and for abaco the Current Dodge guide.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Cruising-Guide-Abaco-Bahamas/dp/093226591X

I would strongly suggest to get the latest and greatest charts for the islands. too much changes every year...

and don't count on markers or lights being there... use waypoints.

May 28, 2009
Hunter 376 Pensacola, FL
So for those of you who aren't keeping score, in the last two months these guys have lost their anchors, blown their sails to shreds, had multiple engine failures, and have needed to be towed to safety at least twice. According to their blog, they have now been dismasted.

I admire their determination. But I have to wonder if they wouldn't be better off road tripping in a motor home. In two months, hurricane season starts.

I have to admit though, as a writer, I'm seeing the screenplay for "National Lampoon's Sailing Vacation" pretty much write itself. Best of luck to you guys, please don't hurt yourselves and for God's sake don't put anyone else at risk.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Yeah it isn't going too good. I hope there's a book in it for someone. I will allow them that, at least here on LI, it has been a very windy winter season. My bro told me that out of six weeks in the Keys he could only fish on five days.

May 11, 2005
Seidelman S37 Slidell, La.
Hey Brian

Where are you now. I live in Slidell, just east of New Orleans. If you need any transportation, or hauling around drop me a PM> I'll be glad to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.