Cooler/Fridge Cover Replacement for 29.5

Jun 11, 2020
Hunter 29.5 Northport
Is there anywhere to get a cover for the cooler? I don't see one on the Hunter Parts site. Ours is missing. Is there much to it? Can I just fabricate from wood?

-Kyle

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Is there much to it? Can I just fabricate from wood?
It is a hinged or unhinged door to an opening. Yes you can and others have built their own. You will want to insulate the bottom (inside the refridge) side of the door. The insulation you apply around your refridge is what makes the system work. Most original units were not much more than a fiberglass holding boat that owners dropped ice into. The ice melted rather quickly.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I have made several custom coolers (mostly for camping). A good sorce of insulation is the blue or pink foam boards you can buy at Lowes or Home Depot. It is usually sold as foundation insulation.

1612900948288.png

I would not use wood but instead I'd get a piece of plastic board. I made a new top for my cooler on my H26 (not the cooler itself but the hole you drop the cooler into) out of a large piece of cutting board. It is fantastic. I now have a cutting board counter top in my galley. I found a place online that makes to-order cutting boards. I'll try to find the link and post it. But for you, ... you would glue the foam board to the underside of the cutting board and fit that into the opening of your cooler. To protect the foam from getting beatup you can clue pieces of countertop formica to the exposed surfaces.

Edit: Here is the link...