Compressor Location

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Carl S.

I'm installing an Adler Barbour refrigeration unit in my 35.5. What is the best location for the compressor (air cooled)? My first preference would be the port aft storage locker, but I'm not sure the 15' of refrigerant lines would reach the box.

D

Dave

I have the Adler Barbour unit in my 1992 35.5. The compressor is installed in the aft portside cockpit locker. The unit was already installed when I purchased my boat in 1998. The coolant lines obviously reached and the unit works great. Good luck with the installation.

R

Rex Noel

Put mine...

in the port settee, near the middle. Only needed to make a wood platform from plwood and epoxy it in place.

N

norm searle

like you i really wondered if the 15 feet of tubing would reach the port aft cockpit locker.i'm happy to report that it does, just barely! plan well and don't leave any hanging, drooping,or not in a direct line. i found it that close.i've had no problems the fridge works great,it's been installed for 10 years. by the way the heat disapation and transfer is better here than that which i'd expect within the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.