Compression post on 37CC

Apr 10, 2017
Seidelman 37 Kemah, TX
Looking at pictures if 37cc I don't see a compression post. Is there one?

Apr 10, 2017
Seidelman 37 Kemah, TX
I misspoke about compression post, I think the mast is keel stepped. But where does it come through the deck? On our 41 it was in the center front of the salon.

Apr 10, 2017
Seidelman 37 Kemah, TX
Not sure how to reply to that but I assumed that it would be right under the mast. The point was that on the 38 and 41 the mast is at the front of the salon and at least on the 41 is keel stepped. On the 38 there is a table attached to the mast which makes the salon look very small. None of the interior pictures of the 37 show either the mast or a compression post. Looking further it appears that the mast/compression post is inside the wall between the salon and the head, makes the salon look much roomier. Of course the other option is that the mast is deck stepped without a compression post. Seems highly unlikely.

Apr 16, 2015
irwin 37 cc Oriental
on my 37CC MKV, it is a metal post directly under the mast, next to the folding table in the salon. there is another one in the aft stateroom.

Apr 10, 2017
Seidelman 37 Kemah, TX
Thanks, the one we're looking at is a sloop and the picture of the salon does not show a compression post. I wonder if it's hidden in the wall between the salon and head or maybe the bulkhead supports the mast. On our 41 the mizzen mast had no compression post, it was supported by the bulkhead in front of the aft cabin.