Common leak in Aft Berth?

Jun 7, 2016
Catalina C30 Warwick, RI
When it rains, there is a leak in the aft berth primarily over the inboard cushion. I remember my last C30 had a leak there and my current one does also. Does anyone know of a "common" place it may be coming in from? I'm not sure if it is by the helm or traveling in from somewhere else, and before I go nuts trying to chase it down I was hoping there may be a "usual suspect to check first.

Jul 30, 2014
catalina 30 mkII Tall Rig bay city
My 1988 Cat 30 has a port light that opens in the cockpit. Check that first. The next thing is to get a friend to go out side with a garden hose without a spray nozzle and starting at the lowest spot work theie way up to the top and check to see where it starts leaking. A good job on one of those lazy not much to do days!
Steve
Summer Breeze
Bay City, Mi

Jun 7, 2016
Catalina C30 Warwick, RI
I don't have a port light there, but I am wondering if it is somehow getting past the gasket and coming in through the port side lazarette. Definitely will have to do a water test in the spring once it starts to warm up :(

BillyK

Jan 24, 2010
Catalina 310 Ocean City, NJ
Might be coming through the steering cable hatch that's on the cockpit floor.. mine had stopped draining and filled up and started leaking inboard through the bolts under the pedestal.

Jun 3, 2016
Hunter 23.5 Monroe Lake
Most of my water was coming in from the gauge hoop deck mounting. The water traveled down the tubing into the deck mount then down following the gauge wiring.

Apr 19, 2020
Hunter 37C 143 Cleveland
I don't have a port light there, but I am wondering if it is somehow getting past the gasket and coming in through the port side lazarette. Definitely will have to do a water test in the spring once it starts to warm up :(
I have a very similar leak. It seems that water is coming through the port side lazarette underneath the gasket and also through one of the hinge bolts. The engine panel also may be leaking, but I haven't had time to take a look.