Columbia Challenger 24 foot

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roger

My boat is in the water at my dock. I am not sure whether to keep it or to let it go. The interior is being remodeled, and I am not sure I like doing this kind of work. Any advice on installing plywood under the foredeck.

R

Roger

My boat is in the water at my dock. I am not sure whether to keep it or to let it go. The interior is being remodeled, and I am not sure I like doing this kind of work. Any advice on installing plywood under the foredeck.

J

John

YES! I HAVE ADVICE!

As far as remodeling goes inside a boat it can be a very slow process. But if done correctly it can be as good or better than the original make, and it's worth it. I like to keep things as original as possible. As far as the plywood deck I have repaired these in different ways. One way is to cut the area out from inside the boat that is bad. Cut only the inside don't cut through the whole deck. It usually has balsa cored deck. Clean old core out and can be replaced with strips of marine plywood glued with two-part apoxi. If you managed to save your interior glasswork you can glue this back up to your new wood. Strips of plywood are easier to bend than sheets. It's a little more difficult by just talking about it, but you can get the idea.

J

John

YES! I HAVE ADVICE!

As far as remodeling goes inside a boat it can be a very slow process. But if done correctly it can be as good or better than the original make, and it's worth it. I like to keep things as original as possible. As far as the plywood deck I have repaired these in different ways. One way is to cut the area out from inside the boat that is bad. Cut only the inside don't cut through the whole deck. It usually has balsa cored deck. Clean old core out and can be replaced with strips of marine plywood glued with two-part apoxi. If you managed to save your interior glasswork you can glue this back up to your new wood. Strips of plywood are easier to bend than sheets. It's a little more difficult by just talking about it, but you can get the idea.

B

Bruce Prickett

1968 Columbia 24 Challenger

I just bought a 1968 Columbia 24 challenger. I can not find any info on the net about it. Do you know any good sites?

B

Bruce Prickett

1968 Columbia 24 Challenger

I just bought a 1968 Columbia 24 challenger. I can not find any info on the net about it. Do you know any good sites?

Nov 23, 2004
Columbia 8.7 Super wide body Deltaville(Richmond)VA
Columbia Web site

Go to www.Columbia-Yachts.com this is a columbia owners association website. good luck with your new boat. Larry Wilson Columbia 8.7 Columbia Challenger 24

Nov 23, 2004
Columbia Web site

Go to www.Columbia-Yachts.com this is a columbia owners association website. good luck with your new boat. Larry Wilson Columbia 8.7 Columbia Challenger 24

Nov 23, 2004
Challenger 24 Website

there is a separate website for Challenger owners located within the CYOA site. There seem to be several new and old owners here in the mid atlantic area. It might be good to gather together as it were, in the Challenger site to exchange informatio. If you're interested the link is:

Nov 23, 2004
Challenger 24 Website

there is a separate website for Challenger owners located within the CYOA site. There seem to be several new and old owners here in the mid atlantic area. It might be good to gather together as it were, in the Challenger site to exchange informatio. If you're interested the link is:

Status
Not open for further replies.