columbia 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

york brown

I just purchased a 1968 columbia 28 and am looking for some input or pointers from other owners.

Y

york brown

I just purchased a 1968 columbia 28 and am looking for some input or pointers from other owners.

Nov 23, 2004
Columbia 8.7 Super wide body Deltaville(Richmond)VA
York, Welcome to the world of Columbia Yacht owners. I have an 8.7 which is a bit larger than your 28 and with an inboard diesel, and am in the process of redoing the interior and one bulkhead. If you have specific questions, I think you'll get more response.I'm loving mine, and having a blast, can't imagine what it will be like when I get launched. Larry Wilson Columbia 8.7 1977 Hull #60 AllAboutMe Richmond,(Deltaville)Va

S

Scott Mignery

69 c28

I've had my 28 for over 4 years. total rehab project. My next challenge is to refit the rudder shaft into a tighter bushing. I see this as the only true week point. I do get some grunge in my fuel filter occassionally that looks like wasp nest laraval casing and disolved mud dawber detritus. I had my palmer m60 completely rebuilt. The water jacketed muffler was the main problem for the previous owner. I'm looking forward to moving up to a bigger vessel, but do not look forward to letting this gem go. I've got a picture of her on the Yachts Inc. web site. Finishing the deck work is this years primary goal. Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.