Columbia 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dwight

Any body know where I might find replacement side windows/frames (port lights)for a 1967 22'?

D

Dave

C-22 replacement ports

from the website : http://www.columbia-yachts.com/lit.html Please note that Andy had some ports still available last time I checked with him (about 5 months ago). Dave C-22 #1311 Seminole, Florida ********************************************* Sources of Columbia Parts and Literature When Whittaker Corp sold Columbia to Hughes in '79, Columbia's shining star began to set. Hughes closed the last remaining Columbia plant in Chesapeake, Virginia, and moved operations to Canada. So what happened to the Columbia inventory? It appears to have gone in three directions. They are listed below. In addition to these sources, many Columbia owners have offered to share copies of their boat and motor manuals. They are listed towards the bottom of the page. Andy Whiley, Irvington Marina, Irvington, VA P.O. Box 189 Irvington, VA 22480 (804) 438-5113 Here's what I've heard: On or about the time the Whittaker Co. was closing the Chesapeake plant an enterprising fellow named Andy Whiley knocked on the door and ask if he could buy whatever leavings were left. Well, lo and behold the payroll need to be met and they sold Andy everything that was left, that he wanted. He has/had masts, booms, rigging, KEELS, and last but not least he has port lights, you know the funny looking windows that crack and craze. He has them all, some with the paper still on them, and the price is right. I bought 2 for an old 39 I was helping a friend refurbish and I think we paid all of $25 each. You ask who and where is Andy Whiley? Well he is just up the Rappahanock River, under the bridge and hard to port into Carter's creek just like you were going to The Tides Inn. But stop at Irvington Marina and that is where Andy lives. It's kind of a boaters junk yard but he has a lot. That's in Irvington, VA. I hope I could be of some help. I talked to Andy about a month ago. He is also has an aluminum foundry at the marina. Primary product is hand wheels for big valves. He also casts anything he needs to make mast trucks, boom goosnecks and whatever. Well he called me looking for some help, I work in the foundry supply business here in Baltimore. So the info on the windows is current. It's really neat, you go in to this dirty old foundry into a back room, up a rickety ladder and there on a rack are all these aluminum framed windows, some even still have the paper on them protecting the plastic, and they are just waiting for someone to say, WOW I NEED TWO OF THOSE. *********************************************

Status
Not open for further replies.