Collar Zincs

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jerry Purdy

Does any one have a source of suplly for thin (approzimately 1/2" thick), 25 mm shaft collar zincs? My local Beneteua dealer use to have them but no longer stocks them.

C

Charlie Gruetzner - BeneteauOwners.net

Zincs

Jerry, Boaters World seems to have a large supply of different zincs. you might try them. I have always bought the zincs for Angels' Grace directly from Beneteau. They have be actually been the least expensive and have them in stock. I buy a few of them to keep on hand. You should check your zincs as part of a regular maintenance program on your boat. I change mine when they are about half used up. As a bit of an aside, we seem to make sure the zincs on the boat are okay but it is really important to check the one in the engine as well. Charlie

R

Ray McC arthy

I have been able to obtain zincs through our dealer who orders them from Beneteau. Charlie - we have a Yanmar 27 HP and are told the engine does not have zincs.

T

Tim

Never seen one that thin

Jerry, I also have a 321 with a Flex-O-Fold prop (2-blade), so the prop mount zinc isn't an option. I had a spacer made that goes between the gearbox flange and the shaft flange that essentially extends the shaft just enough to put a collar zinc on the shaft. The only collar zinc I have been able to find is the Canada Metal brand, but its about 1 3/8" wide. Did you actually get a 1/2" wide zinc at some point? I would like to get my hands on one also as I'd like to remove the spacer since it effectively moves the prop further from the cutlass bearing, which I'm not sure is a good thing! Please let me know if you can find one of these thin zincs, and where at. Thanks, Tim s/v Reverie TKP62@aol.com

J

Jerry Purdy

Tim, Believe it or not I just reeived a shipment of the narrow zincs from Beneteau. The Part No. is 042500. Good luck, Jerry

T

Tim

More info

FWIW, I got some more info from BeneteauUSA.... 9/16" IN WIDTH. Part : 042500 Descrip.: ANODE ZINC DONUT D25 SHAFT, $4.16 EA Cheers, Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.