Code 0 reacher

• Thread starter Sjoerd van der Maaden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sjoerd van der Maaden

Dear all, Does anyone have experience with a Code 0 staysail on an elderly HR?? A Code 0 staysail is basically in between a gennaker and a big genua (so pretty flat) which is hoisted flying loose and has its own furling system with a Dyneema line in the luff in oder to give it strenth. Can be used from 45/50 apparent in light air to 120/140 as an easily managble "chicken spinanaker" in up tp 20 Kts winds. On my HR38 I am speculating this would give me a rather welcome 75M2 close reaching in oder to give some power (I have the small rig) and would give me the ability to also have loads of M2 while broad reaching with the small family crew. I am looking for information on where to sheet such a sail, wether to fly it from a mini bowsprit, wether the rigging will hold. Any feedback is welcome. Kind regards, Sjoerd

C

Capt Ron;-)

H. Rassy reacher...

I knew there had to some pertinent info if I looked hard enough. H.R. is a great yacht and worth the high-end money, more so than a Swan. INteresting. I have a reacher for my Freedom with a wire-luff that is 'free' as there are no stays; carbon-fiber mast. Thanks for the input. I spent some time in Eindhoven, and really enjoyed it, summer though. Saw some great steel-yachts there, well built fare, and true.

Feb 6, 2006
- - The Netherlands
Code 0 cruising sail from North sails

Hi, If you look at this link from north sails, sounds like there are already commercial products on the market. North calls this a G-0 sail (Gennaker code 0 I presume). Kindest, Sjoerd

Status
Not open for further replies.