Cockpit Teak Floor Kit from Beneteau

NHB40

Dec 23, 2018
Beneteau Oceanis 40 New Castle, NH
Has anyone ordered/installed a cockpit teak flooring kit from Beneteau? I'm considering it for my 2009 B40. I believe it comes in pre-cut sheets. Any info on the product or the installation process would be welcome.

Thanks,
Russ

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
NHB40,
Have you tried posting your question on the Beneteau Forum? There are a few members very strong in Beneteau knowledge. @Jackdaw is the one who comes to mind. If he doesn't have direct experience, I'm certain he knows who does.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Dec 28, 2015
Beneteau Oceanis 31 Le Crouesty Brittany
My oceanis 31 came with teak in the cockpit and on the seats of course. After a year many pieces came up because lack of glue close to the edges. They replaced most of the panels and brought preassembled and precut teak panels (4 for the cockpit and one for each seat.
After setting all the panels with a special glue (uniformely applied) they had just to do the outside joints with a black sealer.
Do they carry these these precut panels for all boats ? Ask a Beneteau distributor.

Jan 10, 2018
Beneteau 331 Halifax
Why not make your own. In my location you can buy teak & holly sole. Just use the existing panels for templates.

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
you can get this off of amazon. this stuff is water proof ,spill proof and is cheap ,however don't know how good adhesive is teak and holly sole is only a veneer over plywood and would not be suitable for outdoor usage

Attachments

Jan 10, 2018
Beneteau 331 Halifax
OK, I thought he was referring to the cabin sole. To buy a teak cockpit floor from Beneteau you would have to have a second mortgage on your home!

Dec 28, 2015
Bluenose is right as far the Beneteau cost for these panels. It won't be cheap.
However the installation of it will be much quicker. Except for the sealant joints between the panels and all around the edges, there will not be any joint to pour, which can be a real mess for somebody not used to do this type of work.
Not much sanding also.
To be sure, ask the cost of these panels. We might be surprised !

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
For the B40 the P/N is 15390 from Beneteau USA $2051.75 and you also need PU50 Adhesive P/N 061175 $16.35 per tube and I believe it's just the floor ,so it says

Dec 28, 2015
Sorry, you are right. I looked at the wrong kit. It was for the cockpit table and not the cockpoit floor.
It is expansive but if you want a teck cockpit it is probably the quickest and simple way to have it installed

NHB40

Dec 23, 2018
Beneteau Oceanis 40 New Castle, NH
Thanks for input from all. I think I'll order the kit from Bene. I like simple.