Cockpit table receptacle

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Anyone know if this part is still available? Mine is cracked and allows water to leak into the aft berth.
903D25B2-E9B1-4DD2-842F-9C810F43D2A7.jpeg
571313F7-F96F-4987-8CAD-53E3524F2599.jpeg

and does anyone sell a plug that you can use when the table is not in use?

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Take it out, bevel the back side of the cracls about half way through.. fill with epoxy paste.. when set, wrap the outside (unseen tube part) with a couple of layers of fiberglass, saturate with epoxy.. bed back in with "Bed It" butyl.. ya done.. Have a beer..

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
Take it out, bevel the back side of the cracls about half way through.. fill with epoxy paste.. when set, wrap the outside (unseen tube part) with a couple of layers of fiberglass, saturate with epoxy.. bed back in with "Bed It" butyl.. ya done.. Have a beer..
and find a soft ball that you can stuff into the opening in the winter to displace most of the water and give the presser from ice expansion from breaking it in the future.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Alameda CA
How about getting a length of aluminum square tubing 2" x 2" inner dimension with a 1/4" wall thickness. Have a welder TIG weld a plate on one end with the square hole in it and close the bottom with another welded piece . There are places on-line to purchase the bits you need to replicate that piece.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
That would be less likely to crack in the future if it had slightly rounded corners. Maybe it's just beat up from the table base, but that piece looks home-made. The sides aren't quite straight, like they were cut with a sabersaw. You could easily remake that piece. I would also move the screw holes out of the corners, but that might not be so easily done.

What boat is this?

-Will (Dragonfly)

Nov 14, 2018
Hunter 26 / 33.5 Eden isle, Greer’s ferry lake
I made mine out of delrin. It’s not as hard as original and I don’t think it will crack. Seems to be working just fine.

Dfed

Jul 19, 2016
Hunter 23.5 Augusta
"and does anyone sell a plug that you can use when the table is not in use?"

We rarely used the table so to cover it, I cut a piece of PVC into the shape, countersunk the holes, then just screwed it in. Easily removed if necessary. Buy a "4x4 white vinyl post" and you'll have enough PVC for endless projects.

Apr 17, 2020
Hunter 26 Kentucky Lake
I had the same problem with my 1994 H-26. The cockpit table receptacle holds water, which then freezes in the winter, causing cracks and leakage into the aft berthing area. Additionally, the collar for the receptacle is cracked. Not being able to find a replacement for the cracked collar, I had an idea. I discussed it with the CAD teacher at the school where I teach and he made it a class project. He and his students took the measurements from the cracked collar that I provided him and made a highly detailed CAD rendering of the piece. He then "printed" out an exact replica of the damaged collar on their 3-D printer. The collar fits perfectly over the table receptacle hole. I then asked if he could have the students modify the drawing so that a SOLID cover could also "printed". A couple of days later, he provided me with a solid cover for the cockpit table receptacle. Again, it fit perfectly. (The filament used by the 3-D printer produces a product that is basically heavy duty PVC.) I then sewed a small cover from excess Sunbrella fabric that I had. I installed snaps around the table receptacle and on the Sunbrella cover. Finally, I sprayed the fabric cover with water repellant spray. It was an easy fix! Since the school's 3-D printer only had gray filament at the time, instead of the white that I had asked for, the CAD teacher charged me nothing for the project. He said it was great to have a real-world project for his students. So, my suggestion is to contact local schools or community colleges and see if any of their CAD teachers would like to tackle a real world project.

Attachments