Cockpit Table Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray

All, I have the standard issue table in my cockpit (the white one, not the teak) and my wife wants me to do some type of mod so we have a lip on the sides so when we heel everything does not go over the side. I was thinking of some type of rubber tape that I could just stick on the edges to catch plates, but she was thinking of a lip. Ideas?

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
It's called fiddle

West Marine catalog has it. Take a look and see what is available....on my old C250 I used fiddle with dowels on the bottom and holes in the table so it could be removed when the table was folded. paulj

K

Kevin Curry

I don't have an answer, but another question

I don't have an answer to your query about a lip for the table other than we don't serve anything on it unless we're even-keeled, motoring, or at the dock. But I am wondering if anyone has come up with a mod to secure the cockpit table when under way other than the bungee cord that came with the boat/table. It is about my only complaint about this wonderfully designed, sailor-friendly boat.

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 310 Belvedere CA
We've been using a rubber impregnated netting

We've been pretty successful using a product that is basically a small-mesh netting that is impregnated with (blue) rubber. I think I bought it BoatUS in 2002. I comes in a roll about a foot wide and ten feet long. Unfortunately I don't remember the name.

Bill

T

Tom

velcro

Forget the lip it would not work if you had to pull a quick tack anyway.
Use adheasive velcro strips on the table and on the bottoms of the flatware.

Status
Not open for further replies.