Cockpit stereo speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2005
- - Sydney Australia Bavaria 32
Hi Guys

I am considering installing stereo speakers in the cockpit of my 2003 Bavaria 36.

Has anyone got any advise about where or where not to put them?

Regards

Peter
Sydney Australia

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
Where not to put them is too low near the cockpit floor where water can get inside the boat, if they are the type where you are going to cut holes in the fiberglass, but Bavarias have open transoms, so a build up of water is pretty much not a concern. When you install anything (in this case speakers) you have to think of how you are going to run the wires from the stereo to the speakers, what you might be cutting in to when you make the holes for the speackers, where the speaker backs protrude, might get in the way in a locker, for instance and you also don't want to install them where the speakers will have a bad effect on compasses whether the binnacle or fluxgate, etc. You can also consider a pair that will mount on the stern railing on brackets making the speakers removable and so you can just make a hole for the speaker wires and run them through a waterproof deck outlet. There is railing hardware available that clamps on without drilling holes in the tube and then you can get creative on how to mount the speaker brackets to the rail mount hardware (Helm Ind is one source I can think of off the top of my head).

Oct 1, 2008
Bavaria 36 Cruiser Nanaimo, BC
Peter,
My Bav. 36 2005, which is very similar to the 2003 model, had the cockpit speakers installed on the sides of the binacle, facing port and starboard. They are located about 1 foot off of the cockpit floor. The sound is OK.
Hope that helps,
Tom

Dec 29, 2005
- - Sydney Australia Bavaria 32
Tom
Thanks very much for that info. That was exactly the info I was hoping to get.

Regards
Peter

May 22, 2009
2003 Bavaria 36 Victoria BC
I have a 2003 Bavaria 36 and the speakers are mounted in the same manner as Tom's.
No problems to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.