Cockpit Locker Size?

Jun 6, 2016
Catalina 275 Wilmette, IL
I'm having a boat being built and I'm having the builder put in cockpit lockers to facilitate storage. I want to have the opening of the width (in direction of beam width) to be at least the same as a C275. Problem is my boat is in storage an hour away. So before I jump in the car, just seeing if anyone is going to be near their C275 to take a measurement for me. The builder has the opening currently at 14" (w) x 3' (l) and I don't know if my BBQ will fit through. Just trying to figure out if I need to have the drawings modified.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
The builder has the opening currently at 14" (w) x 3' (l) and I don't know if my BBQ will fit through.
Have you considered measuring your BBQ instead of wondering about an opening cockpit locker size? :banghead::):yikes:;):beer:
That was snark btw.

You could go on the Catalina Yachts website, find the brochure and scale it off you know.

Jun 6, 2016
Problem is the BBQ is an hour away as well. I'm also trying to get the size of a code 0 sail bag from the builder to see if that will fit as well. Scaling won't work as I want the measurement of the opening under the bench, which will be smaller than the bench. I'd thought I'd reach out in case one of the warmer climate or southern hemisphere C275 owners happen to be on their boat and save myself a trip.

Jun 6, 2016
And if anyone is out at their boat weekend, can you please measure the height of the captain's bench toerail.

PMK

Dec 3, 2016
Catalina 275S Annapolis, MD
The cockpit locker opening is 15.5 inches wide, 22 inches long on the inside edge and 30.5 inches long of the outer edge.
I'm not sure what you are referring to as the captains bench, but if it is the top of the cockpit locker, the toerail is 1.5 inches high.

Jun 6, 2016
Perfect, exactly what I needed and saved me a trip to Wisconsin. I'll certainly need to ask for the width of the locker to be bigger, which shouldn't be a problem if the benches are 20.5" wide. Thanks for taking the measurements. I have my work cut out for me trying to figure what I want and don't want on my new boat.