Cockpit drain screens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2006
- - Bellingham
Who knows where I can obtain some new screens for my cockpit drains (c22 1977)? One of mine went missing and then I saw a crow absconding with the second! I have some screen over it now but it keeps popping out. Thanks! Andy

Bilbo

Aug 29, 2005
Catalina 22 Ohio
Drain Screens.

Hi Andy, Have you tried Catalina Direct. That is about the only pace where you can find C-22 boat spcific items such as this.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
strainers

have you tried home depot? Second question: why do you need to strain water going overboard. All my cockpit strainers do is get clogged and keep water from draining out of the cockpit.

Bilbo

Aug 29, 2005
Catalina 22 Ohio
Strainers

Joe , I think that the logic is that the lines on the older C-22 scuppers dont get clogged below decks. Ithink that it's easy to strain them and clean the strainers on the cockpit floor. The real problem is storage location. The scuppers can get clogged in the wintertime with leaves, ice and all that causing the boat to become a bathtub.

Oct 23, 2006
- - Bellingham
Clogging

Clogging is indeed the issue. Dog hair especially. I just unplugged them at the T junction and it was nasty in there. I've looked around a bit for the right size screens and can't find anything. The problem with jamming flat screen in there is that it keeps popping out...the screens from a tea-ball might work. Catalina Direct has scupper grates, but no screens as far as I can tell. I'll call them. Thanks, Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.