CNG Tank

May 4, 2018
Hunter Legend 40.5 Milwaukee Yacht Club
My Hunter Legend 40.5 has a CNG tank. Looks like it hasn’t been stamped since 2009. Can’t seem to find anyone to recertify. Haven’t used the system since we bought 2 seasons ago. Any advice?

Bronte

Jan 12, 2009
2 34 Melbourne Fl
Sorry I don’t have an answer for you, Sdiring, but I have a similar, related problem. My recently purchased Hunter 35.5 had the original CNG stove removed and I’m wondering if the Eno 2 burner w/ oven will fit in the same space as the old CNG? Anyone know?

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
My Hunter Legend 40.5 has a CNG tank. Looks like it hasn’t been stamped since 2009. Can’t seem to find anyone to recertify. Haven’t used the system since we bought 2 seasons ago. Any advice?
From what I hear, the only thing harder than refilling a CNG tank is getting it certified. The tanks are basically SCUBA tanks, so someone who can certify SCUBA tanks may be able to certify it. Or try a welding supply company that sells welding gasses.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Any advice?
Check with one of your local gas suppliers and ask them where they have their tanks re-certified. I learned from them that Seattle has a company and that they re-certified mine for $60. They told me that as long the steel surface remains in good condition; no deep pits, or rust they will last almost forever. Their certification is good for five years. Then another company refilled mine for $30.