Clearwater Fl To Key West

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Ken Brown

We will be leaveing soon to Key West. Would like to here from anyone that has made this trip{how long does it take.

D

Dick Vance

It All Depends......

Ken, There's really no correct answer! Conditions can vary so much that you could be motoring; tacking upwind or reaching... I have made the trip from Key West to Ft. Myers in about 23 hours, part motoring, part reaching but on a bigger boat. About the best guesstimate you can make is to chart the course and divide the miles by an average of about 6knots. That would be your optimum sailing/motoring in a straight line so allow for plenty of options and allow extra time. Dick

B

bill walton

clearwater to key west

We made the same trip last May2 in our 42. I'd have to consult the log and I'm on the road for a few days but I think it took us about 60 hours, . We left Clearwater Beach marina about 6pm and really raced the first night and part of the next day. The wind died to about 1 knot dead astern so we had to motor the rest of the way. It started to blow again as we entered KW harbor. We still had fun and enjoyed the trip. It was the second leg of a trip from Pensacola to our new home in Marathon.

B

Bob Teeter

Marathon Vacation

Bill, I saw your post on your trip to Key West and note that you now live in Marathon. My wife and I are going to go a a weeks vacation to Marathon the first week of April and would like to look up any C 42 owners in the area. Please send me an E-Mail at Camelot@jps.net. We are always interested in meeting other C 42 owners. Bob Teeter

Status
Not open for further replies.