Chysler 22 Swing Keel Brackets available

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyhop

Aug 8, 2005
Oday 28 Guntersville AL
Good news!! After having had a leaky boat for too long now, I have gotten a set of swing keel brackets made, they are installed, and now I sail with dry feet!! Swing keel brackets and the replacement thereof have been the topic on several bulletin boards and internet lists. I have received emails from folks interested in my having a set of brackets made for them based on the ones I got. Using my old brackets as templates for making the new set, we've made several sets so let me know if you want them. The price per set, including shipping (in the continental US), will be $320. If you are interested in ordering a set or have any questions, please contact me directly by email at flyhop@comcast.net. All parts are constructed of solid 304 stainless steel (SS) and are electro-plated for corrosion protection: * 2 Bracket Platforms @ 3/8" thickness * There is a retainer casting ("pipe") welded onto the platform which holds the pin. This was constructed out of a solid SS rod of 1.25" diameter and bored slightly larger than 5/8" inside diameter; this bore will allow easy installation of the 5/8" SS pin * Pipe is threaded on the inside and has provided an excellent seal for plug * 12 SS bolts, washers and nuts * 5/8" SS pin * Stainless Steel plug After talking to some other owners, there seems to be some variation in hole locations for the brackets (holes are for the bolts to hold bracket to the hull). Therefore, we've made the brackets without the holes being drilled. With the aid of a trusty assistant holding both brackets (with pin inserted) in place, I could mark the location of each hole with a Q-tip bent at a 90 degree angle and dipped in red fingernail polish. Then, any machine shop can drill and countersink (to the depth of the bolt head) for probably $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.