Christmas Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2008
Jeanneau 49 DS San Pedro, CA
Hey all,

Just a head's up. There is a group on Christmas Island doing a DX Expedition. I was able to get in on both 10 and 15 meters while in the slip. They are cranking out a great signal. You can get the information on the group at:

www.t32c.com

Ps. This is the Christmas Island that is part of the nation of Kiribati in the Pacific Ocean.

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Hi Karl
They have been there for a while and pileups have by now disappeared and they're calling CQ. Hope you are enjoying the new boat
Don

Mar 12, 2008
Hi Don,

Boat's great and we are really enjoying having her. Any luck with your boat yet, and how are things going in Florida?

I think this is the last weekend that T32C might be working. Was nice to get the contact from the slip with a great signal report. Guess 10 meters is finally openingup a little.

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Absolutely. I'm tempted to put up a 10M antenna which I haven't had in years. Boat is still for sale; had a couple of offer but both fell through for silly reasons. Last time I was on her was in June. Needless to say, it is just a liability to me now. If not sold by next Spring, I may use it to go watch the AC boat trials in Newport.

Oct 6, 2009
Custom Bluehull Kennesaw, Ga.
I think next weekend 10/30/11 is when they are shuting down. I got them on 12m, 15m and 10m. just couldnt hear them on the other bands. They are quick to post you on the log, thats cool. 73's

Mar 12, 2008
The group is scheduled to shut down on October 26th. Guess they are QRT now with the exception of 12 and 17 meters. Hope everyone got a chance to give them a try. I don't know what they were using, but the signal was great into Southern California!

Status
Not open for further replies.