Chesapeake B&B's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2011
Hunter 33C Chesapeake
I spent a week earlier this year sailing around the upper Chesapeake with my girlfriend. She was unsure about the trip but we agreed that we would stay at least one night in a Hotel/B&B. This enabled us to both have a shower and sleep in a clean bed, she loved it. We stayed in St Michael's, the dock was included as long as we stayed in the hotel.

Now i want to go on on another trip and am looking to see if anyone knows of any other places in the upper Chesapeake that offer room w/dock? Its hard to search for on google.

Many Thanks,

Warren.

May 25, 2012
Beneteau B393 Norfolk
Sailing south from Annapolis to Norfolk on the 2nd. Anybody have a checklist and/or a sailplan they have used in the past for a 3-4 day cruise?

jrowan

Mar 5, 2011
O'Day 35 Severn River, Mobjack Bay, Va.
If you ever venture in the Southern Chesapeake area, then check out the Tides Inn on the Rappohannok River on the West of the Chesapeake. Beautiful, but a little pricey. On the esatern shore side, Cape Charles is a must. We sail there 3-4 times a year. Fantastic new marina, & the town & beaches are where time has stood still, very quaint. Come on down to Yorktown to our new marinas. You won't be disappointed! Cheers.

jpaszk

Dec 23, 2010
mcgregor 26x 1996 waynesboro
Check our cape Charles on east shore .great public marina new restaurant sum set from postcards

Apr 5, 2010
Pearson 1987 39-2 Solomons, MD
One of the nicest and most reasonable B & Bs you will find on the Chesapeake is in the Solomons, MD. By name it is called "Back Creek Inn" and you can anchor right outside it. With a beautiful gardens, a short walk to town and Catholic Church and restaurants and shopping and museum and West Marine. Carol is your most gracious hostess and fresh baked cookies are a daily offering with breakfasts well prepared daily. I have stayed there numerous times over the past 4yrs. while working on my boat only 500ft. away in the Solomons Yachting Center, another great place to slip your boat permanently or as a transient. SKratch98

Sep 16, 2011
Venture 17 Hollywood,FL
I have been to 3 cool places with docking on the upper bay. One was at a lighthouse just east of annapolis, one stay at knapps narrows at a small private hotel with marina, and one floating b&b on the west shore. If you need more info I can look back into it. This was a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.