Chartplotter install

hj5150

Oct 20, 2016
Hunter Legend 37.5 Longmont, CO.
I posted this on another forum, but I'm now sure if anyone has done this over there, so I'm reaching out here.

I just purchased a B&G Vulcan chart plotter for our ’93 Legend 37.5. I'm going to mount it on the pedestal, and hook it up to my existing B&G Triton instruments. I want to tap into the backbone of my NEMA200 network that I installed when I installed the Triton unit. The backbone, is located behind the starboard bulkhead in the cockpit (near the head sail winch). We also have an access port to this area in the aft stateroom on the starboard side between the head and the stateroom. I’m not sure if this is a standard opening on other boats like ours but this is where I ran the Triton display? Anyway, for those who have accomplished this task before, here’s my question: how/where did you run the cabling (NEMA200) from the pedistal to that same area? Also, any guesses on how much cabling I’m going to need? I’m about 1000 miles away from our boat, and trying to prepare for the task when we get out there in a month or so.

Thanks in advance!
Harrison