Chartering

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim Dawson

I have 1998 376 which I recently purchased new in july '99. I am thinking about putting it into a charter fleet because i will be doing alot of travelling over the next two years. Does anyone know of a good charter company that accepts Hunters, and pays well. What should i look out for when dealing with charter companies. Anyone know approx. what i should make off the boat each month. Please reply

M

Merrill Mant

Long Term Rental

Jim, perhaps you might want to look at renting toe boat out for the entire season to one user. I did just that, for 2 seasons with the boat that I now own. Someone who will use the boat as their own for an entire season wil I suspect pay better attention to upkeep than just sending the boat out to a charter fleet. You may not generate the same revenue but the boat may not take the same abuse either. If you want any further specifics please don't hesitate to e-mail me directly

E

Ernie tetrault

chartering is hard on boats

After spending about ten years in the charter business, I would advise against putting the boat into a regular charter program. I've found that too many charterers take the same attitude toward the boats that many drivers do toward a rental car...."It's not my boat, what do I care if something breaks!". Of course there are exceptions to that rule, but I would agree that a "seasonal rental" arrangement would be to your boat's best interest. At least then the renter becomes a temporary "owner", and would be more apt to look after maintenance and operation as you the real owner do. Don't forget to check those credentials!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.