Charleston SC contacts for Feb-March '22 sailing

Apr 19, 2015
Cal 2-29 Sandpoint
I'll be leaving Idaho and visiting in Charleston SC for two months without a boat and wanted to get some sailing time. A local sailing school's promised coastal sailing class seems to be a non-event so I'm looking for other opportunities to get out on the water. I've started putting together a sailing resume and have surprised myself with qualifications - I have an OUPV Captain's License (inland waters), a half dozen ASA and US Sailing certifications and several years experience with a Cal 29 on fresh water. I'd be willing to help with deliveries, trade labor in a marina or boat yard for sailing opportunities, even serve as crew racing, whatever it takes. I would appreciate any advice about where to look for sailing contacts/opportunities in the Charleston area. My inspiration generator seems to be as frozen as the snow outside my window!

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Do an internet search on "Charleston, SC sailboat charters" and you can find several charter companies. Also visit yacht clubs.

1640912077973.png

Last edited:

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
My son lives there and is very involved in the sailing community. I sent him a link to this thread, perhaps he can help.

Quick Reply:
Call Stan with Erato for day beneteau charters, Rick Moore & Ryan Hamm with the J120 "keelforce" they're chartering and racing with lots of people on wednesdays. College of Charleston is the best for boat access without a ton of money. Could join them as a member and sail 22's every day.

Last edited: