Changing Mainsheet Traveler Capri 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Will Winter

I am planning to switch my traveler from above the companionway to mid-cockpit The current location is becoming more and more annoying and I am more and more aware of the difficulty invovled in trimming from this position. I am wondering if any of you have done this, and, if so, which parts did you use and what would you recommend. The factory produces a unit for $275 or I could piecemeal it. I have placed a classified to seek out a used traveler as well. Any suggestions?

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Have you contacted Harken?

Will: Check out the Harken site or give them a call. They will engineer a system for you that works.

E

Ed Chamberlain

traveler relocation on Capri 26

I have a 1990 Capri 26 with the traveler in the cockpit and have been thinking about moving it to the cabintop as Catalina did in the later models. I see you want to do the opposite, Could you tell me what the disadvantages to the cabintop traveler are? I like the mainsheet right where I can get to it but the traveler is in the way where it is. Also with a 2 year old I thought it might be safer. I ordered the parts through gerhauer and the local sailboat shop but now I'm having second thoughts.One consideration is the bimini. I live in Phoenix and sail in Mexico alot so we need the shade. The cockpit traveler makes that more complicated. Let me know your opinions about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.