CDI FF2 Furler Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T. Clark

While pinning the forestay one day, I noticed what appeared to be an excess amount of play within the reel assembly of the CDI Furler. This resulted in appx. 6-8 inches of slack stretch on the forestay. This "strange-happening" was substantiated when I had to adjust (tighten) the aft-stay beyond the previous setting. However, the mast appeared stable (although with a resulting increased aft-rake)and I ventured out on a beautiful, though rare, S.E. Alaska day. While raising main, I immediately noticed that I could not raise the main to it's full length, resulting in about 12 inches of wasted sail at her foot. The Leech cleats did not appear to be binding in the mast track and the halyard looked clear. To my dismay, I haven't figured it out yet. QUESTION: Is a certain amount of play, in The Furler-Reel, normal?

D

dan

Not Normal !

Hi TC........ Sounds like your internal turnbuckle came loose on the Roller-Furler. Go in to www.sailcdi.com for installation manual and tighten er'up. happy sailing..in the Land of Liquid Sunshine!

K

Keith

Go to other 23 owners that know.

Hi, I don't have a furling system on my 23, but I know a place where many do. There is an entire Yahoo Group dedicated to the Venture / MacGregor 23. We have over 100 boat owners signed up and chances are somebody there has run into the same problem that you have. Give it a shot. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/venturenewport/ Thanks, Keith Berglund 82 Mac 23 “Fullwave”

Status
Not open for further replies.