CB UpHaul Line H26

Apr 10, 2010
Hunter 26 Boca Chica, Rep. of Panama
I got some excellent feed back on this but was advised to move my questions to this section of the forum..

The manual says 7/16" for the line that attaches to the CB but will 1/2" work just as well or will it be a problem. A 1/16th fatter seems like it would maybe have a longer life.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
absolutely not. As a Hunter dealer who sold nearly 20-25% of each line of water ballast sailboats and also involved with the design, I can tell you NO NO NO
As for the 7/16 inch line buy it from the forum store.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
absolutely not. As a Hunter dealer who sold nearly 20-25% of each line of water ballast sailboats and also involved with the design, I can tell you NO NO NO
As for the 7/16 inch line buy it from the forum store.
:plus:

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Don't know if the forum store ships to Panama? Chiriqui, the longevity of the line will rest more in its quality than than in it's size. I concur do not exceed 7/16 as you may have problems of a larger line jamming, and other problems in the long run.

Apr 10, 2010
yes I stuck to the 7/16 ordered yesterday from the sailstore. a very stromg line material amell? Now need to go down to the boat and check how the two lines are bound together. putting a woven loop on the ends is not my forte. I have a courier service that delivers to Panamá. thanks for the comment

Apr 10, 2010
you guys are great...just what I needed something to reference. 2 hr drive to the boat to check and work on it where it is beastly hot if yiu are not out on the water ... Chiriqui Gulf or is it Bay.

Apr 10, 2010
Right ... I had to check after I sent that message. Boca Chica is where the marina is.. East up the coast I have a cabin in mtns, a location called Las Las de Tolé. 1400 ft above the Pacific. I live however on the side of Mtn Baru a place called Paso Acho at 5100 ft.

Apr 10, 2010
Right ... I had to check after I sent that message. Boca Chica is where the marina is.. East up the coast I have a cabin in mtns, a location called Las Las de Tolé. 1400 ft above the Pacific. I live however on the side of Mtn Baru a place called Paso Acho at 5100 ft.
IMG-20200628-WA0009.jpeg

Photo from the porch of the cabin

Apr 10, 2010
Tsehai I worked in Ethiopia at one time. Means "sun" a popular women's name.

Living here is not for everyone. Dana my wife and I have been here 15+ yrs. Right now she's in Boston stuck there until the country here opens up again, soon I hope.

IMG-20200930-WA0007~2.jpg

Attachments

Apr 10, 2010
Here is a photo of the centerboard uphaul and cascade line layout on my 1998 H26, showing no need for splices.
Well I managed to replace that line. I purchased though a line material I might regret because although strong is slippery.. I'm going to stitch the knots just to make sure they hold. The center board is in generally good shape although I can see a little wood exposed on an edge. Since I pull it out of the water after sailing I figure its not critical. What do you think. Would jell coat do the trick? Thanks for the photo support I got to rig the line!

Apr 10, 2010
hum really...when I get back down there I will check it again.. maybe it was stained that fooled me

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@Jimmy is correct. No wood. You may have some lead in there. A friend of mine made you centerboard. If there is a crack post a photo to better advise what to do. It needs to be sealed but you have to make sure no water is in it.