Catalinaoutfitters.com - Has anyone had positive experience using the website?

Mar 15, 2022
Ericson 32-200 Owen Sound
I am looking at a set of dinghy davits on catalinaoutfitters.com. The price seems too good to be true. Has anyone used the site, has anyone successfully used it for purchasing dinghy davits?

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
The "price" is a 50% deposit, if you read the fine print the "crossed out" price is what you'll pay, it seems deceptive. I've never heard of them and I live within 60 miles, the owners name sounds familiar but that could be good or bad.

Mar 15, 2022
Thanks for that. The website does seem sketchy. Any advice on where to purchase an affordable set of davits would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Aug 2, 2009
Catalina 315 Muskegon
I just visited their site, and sure enough, there's the price crossed out, and another price (the 50% deposit price) right next to it. Appears weird and deceptive. No way I would do any business with those people. At least, it's good of them to appear sleazy right up front so you don't waste too much time figuring it out.

Mar 15, 2022
Agreed. From my research it seems like MarTek Davits (martekdavits.com) are about the best overall deal (quality / price).

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
I wouldn't be too hard on them. They seem pretty clear in the description. It seems like they are just trying to be clear that the deposit is required to get the ball rolling for a custom product. They very clearly state that the deposit is required and I would guess that if you only sent $450 they would clarify the issue before getting started making the product for you. It could be an interesting experiment to find out! ;) To be sure, they are a bit awkward about the pricing. They say $1600 for the pair with crossbar (but they cross out $1700). I would also think that the size and price of the davits would vary by model! Perhaps they anticipate that there will always be calls to question them about pricing and the price may depend on what description you give them. It may be hard to convey all of that in their simple ad.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and suggest that they may be skilled craftsmen but awkward salesmen!

Aug 7, 2023
catalina catalina 320 norwalk
I am looking at a set of dinghy davits on catalinaoutfitters.com. The price seems too good to be true. Has anyone used the site, has anyone successfully used it for purchasing dinghy davits?
I took a quick look at the website. It did not say what they were made out of. It should be 316 stainless steel.
if I understood it said $900 represented a 50% deposit? so the price was $1800?