Catalina Stickers

Mar 2, 2018
Catalina Wing Keel San Diego
I finally got around to scraping off the original Cat stickers on the sides of my boat. I bought replacements from CD that did'nt match up very well, were made of low quality vinyl and were tiny individual letters that are very easly pulled off. I decided being a signmaker I would create my own. In the new design I added a white outline around the entire logo to keep it one larger sticker which also help cover the ghost of the old one. I'm very happy with the way they turned out.
I also created a new sticker to replace the worn out "IMPORTANT" one.

Attachments

Sep 14, 2014
Catalina 22 Pensacola, Florida
I replaced the plastic broken cat 22 logos on side near winches with vinyl stickers made locally, they do pretty well and have lasted over 2 years with no fading etc. Anyone interested I have the templates on file with a local company and can get them made to order. See pix

Attachments

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
If I still had my beloved Catalina, and I needed new stickers, I might just remove what was left and polish the gelcoat. Or maybe apply Hinckley logos! Now, that would confuse the heck out of people! :)

download.png

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2014
Catalina 22 Pensacola, Florida
Ritgold, good eye, it was 2 parter and I did not get it exactly level on port side, did better on starboard. but afraid to remove and try to reattach. Maybe when and if they get worn will just get new set and do better on alignment.

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
When applying vinyl stickers, put a small amont of dish soap or laundry soap with water into a spray bottle and spray the gelcoat - you can then move sticker around until you like its position - dries in an hour or two. Easy-peasy.