Catalina/Morgan & Morgan models the differences???

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Ken Duffield

I'm looking for information on the differences between the various Catalina/Morgan and Morgan boats, specifically in the center cockpit versions. There seems to be so many different models out there since Catalina took over Morgan. There is the present 38 and 45 models but there are several others built in the mid 80's that I see listed with brokers. There are 43, 44 and 45 plus larger models. Some, maybe all (?), designed by Nelson/Marek plus the old OI's and what they are calling the "Classic". We're planning on purchasing a boat of this type in the next year and the center cockpit seems to be what we are leaning to. We don't want to give up on performance though so I'm interested in the differences in these models plus any known quality issues. I've read about the "Classic" also and I'm interested in the hull changes from the old OI design and if these changes really made much of a difference in the sailing qualities. I'd appreciate any first hand knowledge and some direction to resources that might supply me with specification on these boats.

J

Jeff Jackson

Morgans

I'm sure you will get many differing opinions about Morgans. I do not have any first hand knowledge with them however here is a URL for a marine surveyor that reviewed a Morgain OI 462 Ketch. http://www.yachtsurvey.com/boatreviews/morgan_462_ketch.htm Good Luck in your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.